Sunday 25 October 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Well... I know... My dad's birthday has gone past by already but I still would like to share the card I made for my dad with you.

And this is what it looks like when you open it:


I've seen this card style being made before and love the clever cutting and folding. However, I could never figure out how it was made. But I was put out of my misery on a special card demonstration day at my local craft store. Now I know how! small dog clothes I used some free die cut shapes of the little birdies, which comes with my craft magazine, to decorate this card. Although it is autumn already, the card still has that summer feeling with its green, blue and yellow colours. I guess I just want to hold on to summer a bit longer!! I am quite pleased with this card and so is my dad!! Hee hee!

I guess some of you are wondering: "SO... how do you make this card??" Well, to stop you crafters out there from wondering any longer, here is a picture indicating the measurements, where to cut and how to fold.

Sorry that the image seems to be really small. It is so small that you can't even read the text on it. But... I don't know how to make the image bigger?! smileys Basically, the card size is 12" x 5 1/2". Score the card at 2", 4", 8" and 10". Then cut 1 1/2" from the top and bottom edge: from the 2" point to the 10" point (shown as the red coloured line). The rest will be just folding. Light blue lines indicate valley folds and the yellow lines are the mountain folds. Hope this helps. Once you manage the basics, I bet you will be able to apply this cutting and folding technique to any size card. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^