Monday 10 August 2009

Tea Bag full of love

My poor brother-in-law recently had an accident at a concert in the Nottingham arena. He fell down from those very steep stairs and broke his leg. He ended up having two operations due to some complications and nearly lost his leg!!

4 weeks after his operation, we finally got the chance to visit him at home. Along with a box of chocolates to cheer him up, I also made him a get well soon card and wished him to feel better soon.

The original idea I had in mind was to make a card with a stamp image or a charm or even just a picture of a pair of crutches. I didn't think it would be that difficult, but trust me I searched everywhere- my local craft shops, online shops, ebay and I just couldn't find an image of a broken leg in a cast or crutches! (I nearly drew one myself!) If any of you crafters out there know where I can get such stamp/ image/ embellishment, I would love to hear from you!

So the original idea was out of the window, I had to think of something else fast. I tried to get some inspiration by rummaging through my stamp collection. As soon as I found my new Elzybells tea pot and tea cup stamps, which I haven't had the chance to use yet, it was as if a light bulb just went bling and the card was completed in no time.

Based on A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge 60- sketch by Debbie:

Here is the card I made:

To go with the tea pot and tea cup, I used vellum to make the tea bag and punched out little heart shapes and sequins as my tea leaves. I wish this tea bag of love and sparkle will give my brother-in-law more energy and speed up the healing process.

Tea drinks, I love this idea!! Mmm.... might have some more cards coming up with this idea in mind!! (Am I teasing you?? You'll just have to wait! ^_^)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^