Tuesday 31 March 2015

WHAM! BAM! You got this!

Hello peeps!

Hope you had a good start to the week! I made this card over the weekend and I really love it!
I used my brand new Mama Elephant - Tiny Heroes stamp set for this card. I bought this set a little while ago and finally I got the chance to ink them up. I also used my brand new Paper Smooch - Super 2 die for those silhouette buildings. Some buildings were first stuck flat on the card base and then I layered a sheet of tracing paper on top to create dimension, as if these buildings were far in the distance. Then, more buildings were added on top of the tracing paper, with foam squares, which created the foreground look. Here is another photo with a slightly closer look:   
The sentiment is from the Tiny Hero stamp set. I stamped it with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it by using red coloured embossing powder. Then, I used pencil to draw some faint zig zag lines around the sentiment and use scissors to cut it out.    
I used the "die cut inlay" technique for those red arrows on both sides of the card. This arrow die was part of the Lawn Fawn - Stitched Journaling Card die set. There are so many fantastic cards that you can make by using this "die cut inlay" technique. I have linked one of the videos here but just google it, you will find lots of video tutorials. Honestly, you will love this technique. Of course, the card will not be finished without adding sequins, glitters and Glossy Accents! Hope you like this card too!
 
I am entering this card to the following challenges:
  • NBUS Challenge #4 - Mama Elephant: Tiny Heroes stamp set and Paper Smooch: Super 2 die are my never-before-used-schtuff.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your week.  
    
      




9 comments:

  1. Super card Julie! What a great scene you created with the dies and stamps :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun card, love the city scene in the circle.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! this is absolutely, adorable! (and well done!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and a great scenic card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, just love the images -especially the tiny cat. Just lovely. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge. Good luck.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come check this out once I saw that it had a super hero kitty on it. This card is so sweet... the die cut city is perfect with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love how you did the buildings. I just had to visit after it was in the playground.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic card, Julie, and great use of snippets! I really love how fun and dynamic this is!! I'm very sorry to be this late in coming by to comment and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4! Life and Easter company just got in the way for me this time. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi
    great card and lovely image
    thanks for joining us at FSC
    greeting Lisbeth
    DT-FSC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^