Friday 19 September 2014

Enjoy the happy times in life!

Hello there!

YEAH~ It's Friday!! ^_^ The best day of the week! (Of course, Saturdays and Sundays are even better!! Hee hee!!) Nothing special is planned here for the weekend but a few birthday cards are needed soon so I will be happily crafting away during this weekend.

I made a card the other day based on the current sketch challenge at Make The Day Special. The sketch is simple and easy to follow.
I made this card for a work colleague's birthday. Here is my card for this challenge.
Instead of a straight line, I used the largest scalloped border die from the Stitched Scalloped Borders Die set from Lawn Fawn to create a more interesting look. You will be able to see the scalloped edge and the partial cut circle more clearly in the photo below. To depict the colours on the blue and pale yellow-green striped ribbon, I layered an extra scalloped border in apple green to the blue scalloped edge.
For the main image, I used the Honey Bunny stamp set from Mama Elephant. I had fun dressing up this bunny by adding the top hat, bow tie and the monocle. I also added Glossy Accents on the monocle to make it look more like there was a piece of glass inside it.
The circle sentiment is from my own stash. I bought it a while ago when I was at the NEC Hobby Crafts show. I really don't know which company product this is from as it was loose on its own when I bought it. I would love to know if any of you recognise this stamp.

Oh~ I also added the same washi tape and ribbon inside the card. I carefully lined up the pattern with the washi tape and ribbon just below the bunny so when the card is closed it runs as if it is a continuous strip.
Of course, for this card, I used some cards and papers from my box of scraps so I am also entering this card to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 142. Phew! I think I am just about to make it with 11 hours to spare. ^_^

I hope you like this card as much as I do. Thanks again for dropping by and enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Super card Julie - I love how all the detail and lining up just flows!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... I love how official that bunny looks with his monacle, great idea to use Glossy accents too :0) Fantastic card and I love all your attention to detail.
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

    P.S i think that sentiment stamp might be by Lili of the Valley???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable snippets birthday card, Julie! I just love everything about it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to be your colleague, Julie! seriously, this card rocks! At first I thought you had "just" layered the scalloped border on the front of the card, but then I saw that you actually made the border of the front panel scalloped. Simply awesome!

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^