Tuesday 17 June 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #4

Hello Hello!

This month at Virginia's View Challenge we have a Tag and Scrapling Challenge. The twist is to incorporate a recycled item into the project. I think I still can make it!
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/virginias-view-challenge-4.html

It was Father's Day here in the U.K. last Sunday. I needed a tag to go with the presents that our girls wanted to give to their wonderful dad, my lovely husband that is! ^_^  I thought I would challenge myself to see if I can make the whole tag out of recycled items. As I needed the tag quickly, I just grabbed whatever items I had near me. So this is what I came up with.

I think the red patterned card was originally from some sort of tea or chocolate box. I cut it into a basic tag shape. The grey tag was actually the clothes tag from a pair of jeans. The price sticker is still stuck at the back of that tag! Ha ha! As it has that rustic feel to it, I decided to stamp "YOU ROCK" on a piece of leftover kraft paper, then hand tore and inked the edge to keep that rough look. Afterwards I found this beer bottle cap lying around. Hey! Why not?! I used foam pads to attach it to the bottom right hand corner and added two hand cut heart shapes from scrap papers to it.

Finally, I hand drew two arrows with white gel pen, added some sequins, applied Glossy Accents on hearts, sprinkled some glitter and attached the string from the original clothes tag to my tag. I believe I have made the whole tag out of recycled/ left over items! (Well.... apart from the sequins I guess!) This will also be a perfect project to take over to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 129.

I hope you like my 99.9% recycled tag!

 

4 comments:

  1. Great use of your recycle items! Cute tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever Julie - such a great result to say you started out by just grabbing stuff :) I love the tag!

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, life got a bit busy!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your almost 100% recycled tag is truly AWESOME, Julie!! I love your creativity and the can-do attitude! I bet your hubby must be so pleased to get this GREAT tag as it didn't cost him a thing :) So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie

    Your tag is just brilliant .. .. love the bottle top embellishment.

    Hope your hubby had a lovely day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^