Tuesday 2 February 2010

You are invited...

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of movement on this blog. sad smileys Have been busy over the Christmas period and new year. Now everything is settling down, hope you will see me blogging more often.

Today I would like to share the birthday invitation cards which my daughter and I made together. Actually she designed the invitation! She came up with the layout, she chose the colours, she stamped, she coloured... she did most things. Then with mummy's little help and finishing touches, I think the invitation turned out really good.


All her friends who received the invitation were quite impressed with the card. We used the cute owl, flower and sentiment clear stamps, from the latest Papermania Honey & hugs set, for this card. I have only just discovered the flexibility of these clear stamps! I realised that stamps which are long and thin can easily be bent to create a curved or even a waved image. This is exactly what I have done here with "Fun Fun Fun!" and "Let's Party" sentiments. They create different looks which make it feel like you have a completely new set of stamps. I suggest you have a go with your existing clear stamps and try it out. You will love the new look!

Here is a closer look at the card.


The owl is stamped, coloured on white card and cut out. Then use eyelet, brad and string to attach the owl onto the card so it dangles, like it is flying! free smilies Underneath the owl is a yellow circular shaped card which has a cup cake stamped in the middle and the words "You are invited" hand written all around the circle. The cup cake has been coloured and decorated with glitter and pink liquid pearls. Oops... yes! Silly me who forgot to take a photo of that part to show you. So I guess you will just have to use your imagination for that.

Well, I hope you like the cards. We certainly had great fun making them.

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^