Tuesday 12 November 2013

Mmm... not sure...

Hello Friends,

It will be a short post today as it is near bed time! Wanting to join in with the CAS(E) this Sketch #53 this week. Here is the sketch:

I found this sketch quite difficult. Here is the quick card I made tonight:
 
 
I am not sure if I like it or not? I have followed the sketch exactly. Using felt, I hand cut and stitched  two holly leaves. I attached a red button for the berry and added a bow on top. Photos are never great when taken indoors at night. They always look yellowish. Will try to take another one during the day time and replace it. (Edited: Photos now replaced. It captured the colours a lot better. Also added a close up shot.) By then, hope this card will have grown on me.
 
That's it for now.
 


5 comments:

  1. I would have found this sketch difficult too Julie .. .. but I think you have worked wonders with it!!

    I love what you have done. Great card.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie

    I saw this sketch and ran away in fright! You did a great job and I love the felt holly leaves and the button berry. Well done!

    Remember you're very welcome to use up snippets/scraps and join us in the Snippets Playground. It's a fun and very friendly place to come and play - with a weekly prize too.

    thank you for becoming a follower - I'm just off to repay the compliment!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that touch of felt! Way to go on hand cutting them, too! The sequins add some festive feel to the design! Well done, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely christmtas card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^