Tuesday 19 November 2013

3D Poinsettia Card

Hello Hello!

An early post for me today or should I say a late past midnight post actually!! ^_^ It will be a quick short one today as I should have gone to bed by now. Just want to share this card I made last Sunday. Yes, what else, another Christmas card!
 
I've accidentally found two packets of Craft Creations Gold Label Peel-off stickers. God knows where they have been hiding! You wouldn't believe this. I bought them about 4, 5 years ago when I first visited the craft show in the NEC Birmingham. I totally forgot about them! Now they have been discovered, I'd better make good use of them.
 
I stuck each four-petal peel-off sticker on acetate then roughly followed the outline and cut them out. As they were on clear acetate, any imperfect cutting will not really show. Then, I simply shaped the petals and used glue dots to stick them on top of each other. There you have it, a pretty 3D poinsettia flower. Here are a couple more photos: 
 
 
I love the fact that these are glittered peel-off stickers. This will save me from adding it!
 
The layout is from CAS(E) this Sketch #54. It is an easy and simple to follow sketch.
  

     
I also decided to use the recipe from Crafts 4 Eternity R#150 - Tic Tac Toe. I chose 3 from the last row- 'Christmas theme', 'Stickers' and 'Red'. In fact, apart from the poinsettia, the strip and frame are all stickers too. Yep, another item which I had for a long time and neglected it!! Hee hee! Naughty! ^_^

Alright, it's meant to be a short post, but turned out.... not so short?! Anyway, hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Love the gold. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie

    To think those peel offs have been waiting around all this time .. .. just waiting to be showcased today! You have used them beautifully.

    Love all the different coloured layers.

    Thank you for your comments on my blog. The little star with the heart in the middle is made from wood. I covered it with Glamour Dust and stuck it on with a little Glossy Accents.

    Hope you have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glittered sticker is amazing! The reminded me the mosaic in the old churches! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^