Wednesday 19 August 2009

You are 5 today!

Why are cards for men/ boys so hard to make? They are just trying to be difficult!! unhappy smileys

My daughters were invited to my neighbour's little boy's birthday party at the Hollywood Bowl. Even until the morning of the party I still couldn't think of what card to make him. I don't have any stamp images which are suitable for boys. (This will give me some excuses to stock up some robots, pirates, cowboys, astronauts, dinosaurs stamps etc. next time. scuba diving) All I've got for making kids' cards are stamps of teddy bears, die cuts of teddy bears, stickers of teddy bears which I think are a bit babyish for a 5 year old boy. Finally, in my craft stash, I found some leftover wrapping paper from before. Crafters never throw away anything and it is right. You never know when it will come in handy. I used the image on the wrapping paper and layered the 'thumbs up' dog to created a simple 3D decoupage. Even the Happy Birthday sentiment was cut out from the wrapping paper. It only took me a very short 30 mins to finish this card. Just in time for the party. I think this card is perfect for a 5 year old boy, what do you think? Thumbs up?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^