Sunday 21 November 2010

Abracadabra~

Hi, It has been a long time since I last blogged. Although there is little movement on my blog world, I have not stopped. I have been busy making Christmas cards to sell and to fulfil my Christmas card orders. Now, I start to think "When can I start to make MY Christmas cards for my own family and friends?!" Well, I am sure I will somehow fit this in my busy life. free smileys

I thought I would share this magic colour card with you today. (This is what I call it, if anyone knows a proper name for it, let me know!) I saw this technique in children's story books before, but never thought of applying them to cards until I received a birthday card from my friend Erin this year. She made me an amazing card by using this technique. I loved it so much and I just had to recreate it. (Sorry Erin, I had to take your card apart to reveal the secret!) So here it is, a birthday card for my mum with the same technique. The front of the card shows just the outline of Tilda which was stamped on clear acetate. I used mainly reds, oranges, yellows and gold to reflect the autumn theme.

And here is the picture of the card pulled half way which begins to reveal the message and colour.

Finally, here is the picture when the card is fully pulled out to show Tilda in full colour.

Isn't this amazing? Very magical! 

When my mum received the card, she couldn't resist to show all her friends. Apparently, they all gathered around their patch work table to study and discuss how the card was made. I hope you like this card too. 

Thanks for stopping by and I shall share some of my Christmas cards with you soon. Have a good Sunday

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie this is lovely the sentiment stamps are from lily of the valley and the ticket ones are from whimsy stamps maxine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^