Friday 19 February 2010

Little people, big birthday

I thought I would share some of the cards I made at the end of last year but didn't manage to post them on the blog. My friend commissioned me to make these cards for 4 little girls and boys all aged 4. As I have not used my Sizzix die cutting machine for a while I decided to make all these cards by using die cuts and gave my stamps a rest! autostumble So here they are:

I have used a simple sketch layout for this card - A main image, a quarter circle at the corner with text on top.
I have made a ballerina girl by using the Sizzix large doll. Dressed her up and used a short piece of feathery ribbon for her tutu. The beige background paper is a wallpaper sample from Laura Ashley which I highlighted with glitter glue on the flower pattern . The card was then decorated with pink liquid pearl, around the text, on the ballerina and the 3 gem stones on the top right hand corner.

The second card is very similar to the first one. I stuck to the same sketch layout but moved the quarter circle to the left bottom corner. Instead of an oval shaped text, I have used a round scalloped shape.
Again, I used a Laura Ashley wallpaper for the background. This time I used the Sizzix large doll to make a fairy by raising the doll on top of the butterfly die cut with foam pads. Then I made a fairy wand by using pink wire and a star button. The doll has also been decorated with white liquid pearl and 3 gem stones attached on top right hand corner.

Out of the 4 cards I am showing today, the next one has to be my favorite. I still used the same sketch layout but this time the quarter circle was moved to the top right hand corner. I embossed the quarter circle to give texture to the moon. I drew, hand cut and layered the rocket together. White liquid pearl was used around the rocket so that they would look like metal bolts.
Instead of using the Sizzix large doll this time, I used the Sizzix Bitty doll (smaller in size). The astronaut's helmet was cut out from acetate and then white gel pen was used to outline the helmet. Little gem stones have also been applied around the rocket window. I think this is quite a nice card for a little boy!

Last but not least, a choo-choo train. I didn't have a die for a train, so I hand drew, cut and assembled the train myself. Then I filled the train with a present, teddy bear and balloon made using die cuts.
Again, white liquid pearl was used to decorate around the train and glitter glue was applied to the balloon.

So, what do you think of all these cards? I do like to personalise each individual card with the recipient's name to make them feel just that extra special. Have a good day and I will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^