Friday, 6 August 2010

Vintage Card

I missed Just Magnolia Challenge 65- Vintage and just missed Challenge 66 - Bev's Sketch but I'm determined to have a go at making a Vintage card by using Bev's sketch. I guess I will have to be quicker with my posting next time, since I made the card a few days ago already!Scuba Site So here is my card:


This is my first time ever making a Vintage card. Hope I have achieved the look. I have torn and scrunched up the script backing paper. I used brown ink to ink the edge, dabbed all over the scrunched paper to pick up the creases which should give the paper that old look.
Here is a close up picture:


 I have used the computer to type and print out the text. I think it goes well with this Tilda image! 



This is also my first time using lace on card. Lace seems to be quite popular at the moment. I do like the effect and I shall be using it again. I have also used paper piecing for Tilda's dress and made my own flower by punching out flower shapes and attached white pearls in the middle.


I am using this card to enter the  Wild Orchid Challenge: Challenge 2 - Lovely Lace. Hope my first attempt at a vintage card is a success!

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with amazing detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is beautiful, I love your vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^